Monday, May 28, 2012

I started this blog as a comment on Brisbane city, it's nightlife and an assignment ... sad I know in every respect - especially if you've been to Brisbane.

"Yay, a new cunningly disguised cocktail shithole opened where a rat arsed guy spilt his drink over me and told me he loved - hang on - no even worse - worshipped Campbell Newman [vomit ensued])."

Now, I must also admit I'm half way through a bottle of wine, but even more amazing I have realised, through my Masters of Internet Communication I have learnt something that I always felt ... everything fed to us is portrayed in such a capitalist and Western frame. I know. It's not amazing to some. But to me, a dim light has gone off with a ping. I hope, if anything, that this forced Masters study, which started as a half-hearted 'easy way to get a paper to help me get a better job', will make me realise the different perspectives of the WORLD and the way others think outside of my immediate sphere.

 It's been amazing (even though I hated it at first) to read about what I don't know ... and to consider how insular I view the world I live in ... and how I don't question it enough. And it's really important that we question. But it also makes me think how not enough people are doing this. Why aren't more people questioning our world? For whatever reason. That scares me. It took me to do a Masters to get me into this. I'm not dumb, but I'm not smart. I look around our society and see not enough people getting into the big questions of our future. All I hear is complaints about cover charge and getting kicked out. :(

Next blog I'm going to defend why Brisbane isn't sad ...?? Depending ...

No comments:

Post a Comment